The Site is the property of Boom Group Inc.
What Personal Information We Collect
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual, such as your name or email address (“Personal Information”). Boom Group Inc (Boom) will collect Personal Information when you voluntarily provide it through our Site, or when you provide it to us through other means. For example, we may collect Personal Information when you:
- Contact us through e-mail, telephone, mail; or other correspondence;
- Create a user account;
- Create a professional profile;
- Register for an event;
- Submit a company, product or service Review; or
- Register to receive news or notifications from us.
The Personal Information we may collect includes:
- Your full name;
- Your username and password;
- Your title;
- Your profession and company or organization name;
- Contact information, such as your e-mail address;
- Any other Personal Information that you voluntarily choose to submit to us.
If purchase advertising, membership, event tickets, products or services on our Site, you may be required to provide valid payment information if a payment is required for the registration you have selected. Such payment information is provided to our third party processor, and payment will be facilitated on the website of the third party processor. Your payment information will be used solely for the purpose of processing the registration you have requested. Boom Group Inc (Boom) does not collect your payment information directly.
How Boom Group Inc (Boom) Uses and Discloses Personal Information
- Respond to your questions or inquiries;
- To create your user profile;
- If you submit a company, product or service Review, you may be asked to associate your name and profession with the Review. If you choose to submit your Review anonymously, only the profession indicated will be publicly associated with the Review.
- To send you informational or promotional communications that you have agreed to receive;
- To customize our Site based on the information you choose to submit to us. For example, we may adjust the content that appears on the Site based on the information you include in your professional profile, or your location, such as recommending a product or service that relates to an area of interest you have selected;
- To carry out other purposes that are disclosed to you and to which you consent;
- To carry out any other purpose permitted or required by law.
We may use information that does not identify you personally in the aggregate for analytical purposes and market research. We may disclose this non-identifiable, aggregate information to other organizations we work with.
We may use external service providers that store or process Personal Information on computers located outside of Canada, including in the United States, whose data protection laws may differ from those in Canada. As a result, the Personal Information may be subject to access requests from U.S. governments, courts, law enforcement officials and national security authorities in the United States according to their laws. Subject to these laws, we will ensure that appropriate protections are in place to maintain protections on the Information that are equivalent to those that apply in Canada.
We reserve the right to transfer any Personal Information we have about you in the event that we merge with or are acquired by a third party. We may also disclose your Personal Information to third parties if we have reason to believe that disclosing such information is necessary to: (i) conduct investigations of possible breaches of law; (ii) identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be violating an agreement they have with us; or (iii) to protect our rights, safety or property. Lastly, we may disclose your Personal Information for any other purpose to which you consent.
We may also use your Personal Information to investigate security breaches or cooperate with government authorities pursuant to a legal matter.
Personal Information we collect may also be combined with other information you have provided to us.
How we Protect Personal Information
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We protect your Personal Information by maintaining physical, organizational and technological safeguards (appropriate to the sensitivity of such Personal Information) and designed to protect against unauthorized use, disclosure or access. Personal Information may only be accessed by persons within our organization, or our third party service providers, who require such access to provide you with the services indicated above. Personal Information we collect is maintained with the source of the information on servers based in North America.
We retain Personal Information that we collect only as long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected or to meet any legal requirements. We have retention standards which meet these requirements. We destroy Personal Information when it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected.
Although we have taken reasonable and prudent measures to protect this Site, computer systems and any Personal Information that it has collected from unauthorized use, access, disclosure, misuse, alteration or destruction, no security measures can provide absolute protection. As a result, while we are committed to protecting your Personal Information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us.
Access and Rectification
You have a right to request access to your Personal Information and to request a correction to it if you believe it is inaccurate. If you have submitted Personal Information to Boom Group Inc (Boom) and would like to have access to it, or if you would like to have it removed or corrected, please contact us using the contact information provided below. We will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request; however, in some cases we may not be able to allow you to access certain Personal Information in certain circumstances, for example if it contains Personal Information of other persons, or for legal reasons. In such cases, we will provide you with a reasonable explanation of why it is not possible to grant access to your Personal Information.
Children and Parents
Boom Group Inc (Boom) does not knowingly solicit personal information from children under the age of 13. If a child has already provided us with personal information, his or her parent or guardian may contact us for the purpose of deleting this information.
Third Party Websites
How to Contact Us
- access Personal Information that you have already provided to us so that you can correct or update it, or request that it be deleted;
- request the deletion of Personal Information regarding your minor child; or
Please advise us by contacting our Privacy Officer by writing to Boom Group Inc (Boom), #1, 317 Blackburn Road SE, Calgary, Alberta, T2G 4A3, Canada. You may also call us at 403-441-8800 or email to email@example.com
Last updated: April 22, 2019
The information contained in this website is subject to change without notice.